Friday, March 28, 2008

Prodigal Cell Phone

My cell phone like most people's is my life. I have had a phone since I turned 18 and have never lost it. My current phone is also my mp3 player and has 150 songs on it. I have phone numbers to anything you can think of (approx. 300) that are not written down anywhere else.
On Tuesday, I was a fool and took it to Monkey Joe's while I was playing in and up and down all the big blowup things. This is how attached I am to the silly thing. I couldn't just leave it in the car for an hour? I had to stick it in my pocket. I'm not that important. Me missing a call would not be detrimental to anyone's health. I have a problem.

Well, I lost it. Of course I lost it. I was climbing and sliding and bouncing. What did I think was going to happen? Chanel and I searched each bouncy thing and did not find it. I left my name and Chanel's number at the counter and we reluctantly left the building. It was officially lost. The issue was out of my hands. It wasn't a naked feeling but a not-able-to-breath feeling. It was dramatic. Well, I calmed down at lunch and came to the conclusion that God was going to take care of me. He was going to get my phone back to me. By Friday. I know, I shouldn't put time limits on God. However, I would eventually have to come to terms that I would just have to go get another phone. Anyway, I prayed (seriously, I prayed with expectations.) I had very little doubt that God was going to get it back to me by Friday. Come Friday at midnight...I would worry, but until then- no problem- He has it all under control.

MONKEY JOES CALLED CHANEL ON FRIDAY MORNING ... THEY FOUND MY PHONE. I mean really! God is so good! God cares about me and my phone! This is my PRAISE GOD MOMENT OF THE WEEK! Thank you Lord!!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Isn't it wonderful and amazing how He does care about our seemingly trivial wordly things. :)

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Yeah, story of my life! Everytime someone tells me they lost something, my first response is, "Did you pray?" Seriously, it works every time!